My one-eared Mickey ornament courtesy of Oakley Cypers. She just couldn't resist that big sparkling beauty of an ornament. Every year I put it on the tree it makes me smile.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Bags throughout the year, but paper at Christmas!!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I know we are lame, but I sure do love my wondrous artificial pines. I burn a pine candle for that oh so Christmasy smell!
3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take your tree down? January 2nd!! Can't wait to get it up...can't wait to get it down.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but it is so rich I can only have a little sip or two. Either that, or dilute it with a little milk...yummy!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmmm...probably my American Girl Doll Samantha (Rylie's new best friend, so darling).
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I got it for my birthday the first year we were married. It is the Demdaco one. I really love it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents and my in law's! They already have everything. Any ideas would be fantastic!!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Nic (although he can be tricky because his birthday is Christmas day, so I have to do double duty!), and the kids.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail for sure. I am still adjusting to the high-tech world we live in. Slowly but surely...maybe one day you will receive an e-card from me. Don't hold your breath.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My darling Grandpa, bless his heart, gave me a my-size barbie when I was a sophomore in high school. Ha ha ha... love that man.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? All of them. From the old school Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman (which we are watching on almost a daily basis), to the newer ones. We just watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' tonight. Love it, it makes me cry every time. Wait!!! What am I saying! I have always loved Dr. Seuss' The Grinch. Definitely my favorite!! Still love the others, but Grinch wins.(that worked out nicely that 'The Grinch' one was highlighted in green wouldn't you think?)
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Ha ha ha... shamefully yes. I couldn't possibly keep all of those wonderful gifts for silly little me. Tis the season to give and share. Besides, what else would we get our chuckles from. Nic and I find it quite amusing. I highly recommend it. (I know we are embarassing. I understand if no one wants to be our friends anymore.)
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Honey Baked ham, fudge, caramel, divinity, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, Christmas cookies, gingerbread houses, candy canes, my aunt Karen's twice-baked potatoes, homemade chocolates...mmm...I'm hungry.
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.
16. Clear or colored lights on the house? Red, Green, and Clear...is what is in the box that came with the house, but I don't know if I will ever actually see them on the house. It is too tall to let my dear husband up there, and too darn expensive to have someone come do it.
17. Favorite Christmas song? All of them!! They are all wonderful. Oh, that song about the Christmas shoes. "Sir I wanna buy these shoes...for my momma please" I can't not cry. I've tried.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I don't leave home on a regular day, why would I wanna go away for Christmas?
19. Can you name all of Santa 's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, but do you recaaaallll....the most famous reindeer of aaalllllll...RUDOLF!!
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Jammies Christmas eve. Presents Christmas day.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Honestly... keeping everyone happy.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love the traditional Christmas colors, red, green and white. All of my decorations stick pretty close to those. Lots of sentiment in my ornaments.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing. I just got spoiled rotten for my birthday. Maybe a smooch under the mistletoe... maybe from a certain 'St. Nicholas!'
24. What is your favorite Christmas memory? Oh wow, I don't know. I just remember how magical Christmas was as a child. One year I stayed up waiting for Santa to come. I swear to this day I heard his jingle bells in my living room. Believing is powerful beyond my wildest childhood dreams. I also used to love driving around looking at Christmas lights. I wanted so bad for our house to be one of those ones...you know, that look like a miniature Christmas Village. Look at me now, not a twinkle of a light on the exterior of my house. Bahumbug!!
8 comments:
Yea, I am with you!! My kids always obey me in the month of November and December. Can't we continue it through the year? I love Kade's comment on the brain. How cute!!
Your so funny.
Sherice your so cute. It's fun to read your christmas stuff. Hope you have a great christmas!
Last December 26, I used the "Santa is making toys for next year, you better be good!" It didn't have the same effect! I have a good parents and in-laws idea, but you have to call me. Too much detail :) I loved leaning all your little Christmas Quirks. Seriously when are we going to get together?
I'm so sorry about the ornament! I will never forget that and every year when I put my own decorations up I think about it too! I'm glad Rylie loved the Nutcracker, I really need to be better and take Oakley, I know she would love it!
What a cute post. Those are all great memories. I guess I'll have to post some on mine.
That is such a cute thing I love christmas too!Someone told me about snapfish.com for gifts they have cute stuff for parents cause there all about pictures!(you know pictures of the grandkids)
Those my size Barbies were a hoot. Gotta love cute Grandpa! I think you and I are on the same page with the whole 'christmas' thing. Probably because Mom and Dad were totally awesome growing up! Love you and our fun family traditions!
Post a Comment