Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Nutcracker

Sure she may have been a bit young at 3 1/2 years old, but I just could not resist another opportunity to take my little girl to The Nutcracker. It has always been one of my favorite traditions. When I told Rylie I was going to whisk her off to the Ballet she was so excited. She wanted me to "cyrl" her hair, paint her nails with "toe polish," and was thrilled to get to wear her new Christmas outfit. Half of the fun was primping (which we don't do very often), and then we girls were off for a night on the town together.
The Nutcracker was great. I just loved watching her eyes light up at this new experience. The only disappointment of the evening was when she realized we wouldn't be dancing with the ballerina's. I told her maybe next year she can try a dance class.
Afterwards we stopped at Mimi and Papa's for a potty stop and to use their phone to check on the boys. They were having a great time up at Gramy & Papa's "pwaying lego's." Nic told Kade he would take him to do the activity of his choice, and he chose to stay in his jammies and build a lego ship with his daddy.Rylie loves to watch this little bear ride around on his tricycle and play Christmas music.
It was such a special night for me. I love nothing more than hanging out with my family. I really love when I get to spend time with my kids on an individual basis. I wasn't the only one who had a special night. When Kaden arrived back home that night, he came to me and excitedly said, "Mom, my dream really did come true." He told me all about his night with his daddy. It is amazing that something as simple as Nic taking a couple of hours and building one heck of a lego ship meant so much to our son. I am so thankful for the wonderful father and husband Nic is.

9 comments:

Jenni said...

What a cute mom you are!!! I have been a slacker, I think all of us have been during the holidays. You guys look so darling and I LOVE Rileys coat!!! What a fun tradition!!!!

Bree said...

That sounds like such a fun night. I love the Nutcracker. Last year my step sister was in it and it was so fun to go to SLC and see it. What a fun night. I can't wait till I can do sweet things like that with Lauren. Jeremy and Mckay do fun things like that. Well, I guess I do too. How fun. You both looked so adorable.

Tesha said...

You two are such darling girls - what a fun tradition, I too love the Nutcracker

Tesha said...

I should have mentioned ~ my little Gracey dances at Julie Moffits Ballet School in No. Ogden - anyway they do their own Nutcracker every year that they can dance in, just a little fyi :)

Erica said...

Look at her cute little face. You could tell she was so excited. I am going on Mon. I'm excited.

spenceandcass said...

That sounds so fun. I was thinking about taking Ava to the Nutcracker, but I didn't know if she was too young. Maybe I will take her now!

Miss Candace said...

I'm so glad you had fun together. Rylie looked absolutely adorable, and I love her little peacoat! I loved that we had that tradition growing up and now we can pass it on to our kids. Oh, the magic of Christmas time :)

Nicole said...

Rylie looks so cute. That is such a fun thing for a mom and daughter to do together. The girls in Matt's family have the same tradition. Every year we all go to the Nutcracker. I missed this year because my Mom was down here, but I am sure when (if ever) I have a girl it will be an even better tradition!

Mindi D said...

That is so fun, she looks so precious! I am getting upset because your blog doesn't pop up to the top of my list when you update! I think it may be the private thing.. So anyway, I will get better at checking it out every couple of days anyway. O well, life is life huh? Silly blog confusion! See you tomorrow night!! (although i'm not sure someone who doesn't put lights on their house should be able to party at Christmas time!!) :)