Nic and Dakota awaiting their ride (6:30 in the morning, and yes I'm up too)
I was trying to be tough and supportive, but my heart sunk as they drove away this morning. Now I sit here and anticipate a week of up's and down's. I am looking forward to spending some time with the kids, preparing for the holidays, not worrying about what to fix for dinner, leaving messes around the house, turning the heat up to 70 degrees (sometimes I feel like I live in an igloo), popping popcorn and renting Kung Fu Panda. I am not looking forward to tantrums, bedtime routines by myself, sleeping alone, getting up with Parker in the night when the house is dark and I am scared, no adult conversation, and waking up on my birthday without my baby by my side.
Last night Nic kept asking me, "Are you going to be okay?" as I was flipping out. We shall see...
12 comments:
Oh Sherice I am sorry you will be with out Nic on your Birthday! I know all to well what hunting does to a guy, I will never understand it either! Good luck with the kiddos! You are super mom! ANyways I was going to tell you we fly in Christmas day and are there tell Jan 7. So we need to get together. We would love to see you guys! WE will have to have our usual Pratt BBQ or something! lol! Love it! Wish I could be there for the turkey run! Sounds like so much fun! One of these times we will have to plan a race together! We will keep in touch, and hopefully we can plan something fun. Talk to ya soon!
Give me a call and we'll hang out. Sometimes is nice to just hang with your kids. Last night me and the boys had a pizza party in bed at 9:00.
That is crazy that both of our husbands left us to hunt. I really don't understand it either. Sometimes I feel bad that I can't get happy for him, but I just don't love it! I hope you are ok while he is gone and have a great bday! Oh and I love not having to worry about what to cook for dinner:)
Oh Sherice, I'm so sorry you will be alone for a little bit... I know it is hard! I like your pro/con list, because I guess there are some perks!! We should get together!
It does stink to be alone, especially on your birthday!!! I will make you a cake.
Jay has left me for a week OR TWO in a row for these very same hunts...totally LAME. Just know, I feel your pain. One time Jay went and got home on Christmas eve at 6 pm, and almost didn't make it home because he got snowed in. Do you think I was a bit ticked?...UM YEAH!!!!
I hate to go to bed when Colby's not home. I sleep on the couch thinking that is the middle of the house and I can protect it from there. Not quite sure what I would do to protect it though! Anytime you need someone day or night, just call! I can be there in 2 seconds. I am probably up anyway, we should talk :)
Good Luck - I too am afraid of the dark. The last time Justin took the boys and went hunting, the power went out at 2 am, I was scared to death! I called his sister who was home alone - long story short she had to bring me a lantern, I did not even dare to get out of bed - I gave her instructions on how to get in, & only when she was downstairs with the lantern would I dare to get out of bed :) I tell you this so you can prepare - put a flashlight by your bed (I found out later that Justin has one in his nightstand) Anyway I'm grateful for a cute, brave husband and really miss him when he's away!
Oh boy, I hope you have made it through this week. I hope you had a great b-day too, you deserve it!
I know how it is to be left behind. My secret name for Jeremy is "The Abandoner" :) I only use it when he ditches me to go boating or to hang with his brothers.
Ok, so how did you get that cute font and colors on your posts? I think I need to copy you.
I'm glad you survived!! Shopping Friday for sure, 1 am at Walmart in Riverdale.. be there or be square! Ha Ha!! It will be crazy fun!!
Okay, you just totally described my routine when Zach leaves. Hope you had a good birthday anyway!
Post a Comment