Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Dirty Work

Every project has some dirty work, right? You know, the hard part that absolutely has to be done before you can get to the fun part {accessorizing & putting it all together}. This project was no different~ plenty of dirty work, and by dirty work I mean painting, sewing {ya, sewing is a chore to me}, caulking, more painting, sanding, wrestling tree's to get that one branch... you get the idea.

It all started with this quilt I found at DownEast, and practically begged Nic for {I think he knew what was coming}... With the colors we were using, the ceilings needed to be white sooo... Yup, all by myself people. I only fell off the ladder once~Eventually I recruited some help...Pink walls! Could she be any more excited? Name the show~ if you guess it, you can be my new BFF:)Then Nicholas went to work on some trim. We wanted this wall to be a focal point~ how could it not be with that bright green paint? Ha ha...wowza! where's my sunglasses?









































Not gonna lie, after her soft shabby~chic nursery, this bright green made me a little crazy, and took some serious getting used too. The nightstand was Gramy's, and after a little make~over it was perfect!


















Next, we were on the lookout for fabric & trimmings {okay, this part not so dirty:)}
Yes, I destroyed that green shirt I found at the D.I....what?? It was the perfect color. And no, I do not always have shopping bags lining my washing machine~ it was Christmas time:)
Rylie was very much involved with this project, which made it even more fun. One thing I love about my girl is she loves to help her Momma~ and she is a great helper.

Blasted ruffle~pillows were a huge pain, but they turned out pretty fun. Rosettes anyone? My first time~ little shaky:)
A girl can never have too many pillows.
Don't you love this print? When it comes to fabric~ I just can't get enough!

Don't look close~ I'm not a promashional {kaden's pronunciation}, but they were made with love. And here's a little secret~ that is her Mommy's bed from when she {i} was a little girl, awe...
Just thought I would show you a little bit of what we've been slowly working on. Like tortoise slow. And not that it's perfect~ far from actually, but I've returned the 'backup' comforter to Target, and put the paint swatches away. For now the green can stay, not sayin' how long it will last, but Rylie is diggin' it~ therefore, so am I.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

FRIENDS! Now can I be your BFF??! :)
You are simply AH-maz-ing! I can not believe you made those pillows!! And painted that tall ceiling! Can I have just a taste of your motivation and ingenuity? And Rylie is seriously SO beautiful!

Libby said...

Great job! Seriously, I'm impressed. That is a little girl's dream room. I think the pillows look very promashional!

And all of those treats you've been making lately look dangerous!!!

Also-do I spy Alesha Barrett at that 80's party? I used to work with her a hundred years ago. Give her a shout out for me!

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

You are so cute! Those pillows are seriously adorable, I wish I knew how to sew.. you're a very talented woman! I can't wait to see the rest of the room!



Ps. I'm thinking you could help with my brother. You probably have lots of very cute girls around you! Do you?

Sherice said...

Way to go Rach!~ Friends goes down as my all~time fav... how can you not LOVE boss~man~bing!? Yes, let's be BFF's, and we need another vaca~ NY??

Libs~ that is SO Alesha Barrett! I will definitely tell her hello. She is the el presidente' in YW, and I am her advisor... lucky me:)

Em~ how old is your brother?? I will rack my brain for some cuties:)

Sharstin said...

wow you guys have been busy! everything looks so pretty~ i love pillows you've made~ lucky rylie!

Sharstin said...

wow you guys have been busy! everything looks so pretty~ i love pillows you've made~ lucky rylie!

Adam and Brittany said...

Oh, I love it! I can't wait to see pictures the entire room. Great job on the pillows, impressive. Remember how I told you about my great grandma's furniture...we painted it yellow last weekend, just need to add a gloss finish and the crystal knobs. Looking at Rylie's room makes me super excited! Thanks for sharing.

Brooke said...

Her room is looking so cute! It's the same colors as Hailee's room and I've always loved it. I recognized your Friends quote right away! Also, will you give me a lesson on how to sew those ruffles? I'm working on some sewing projects right now, but I don't know how to do anything fancy. I have Wednesdays and Fridays off, so we should get the kids together and you and I could have a craft day!

Brandee & Julie said...

You amaze me!! You are so so talented!! I love it!! I might need a little help with Ellie's room, when we ditch the crib!

Tesha said...

You are such a cute girl...FILLED with talent and ambition. Those are the cutest pillows I've ever seen! You do it all ~ I get tired just looking. Thanks for sharing :)

Bree said...

Darling! One day when I have a house of my own and move Lou to a big girl bed, I might need to hire you to do her room! You gals that sew and are creative, ROCK. I can't even draw a freaking stick figure. Good Job Gal.