Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Recap, and a Recipe~

Lucky green waffles with vanilla syrup for breakfast {and lunch}... nice Sherice. Way to kick off the morning with a nice sugar buzz! Mother of the Year~ that's me:)
Ry~bug came home from school with some new antennae, and artwork for the fridge...
If there is one thing you must know about me, it is that my children's artwork is always proudly displayed on the fridge...
There was corned beef {eek!} and cabbage in the crock~pot, and for dessert...
Life is sort of perfectly imperfect around here. We watch too much tv, we sit on the counter with our shoes on, and lick beaters {don't worry, we don't double dip}. We must taste it first~ to make sure it's not poisoned...
Nope! It's good. Oh! You want the recipe you say?! How rude of me. I've had this one tucked away in my 'one day i wanna try' file, and thought this was a perfect opportunity~
The Whoopie~Pie
2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla {i used mexican}
1/2 c. softened butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl, whisk together, and set aside. In medium sized mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add buttermilk, egg, vanilla, and mix well. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend well. Drop by tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes, or until tops are springy. Cool completely on a baking rack...
For filling~
1/2 c. softened butter
1 c. marshmallow cream {i used the 7 oz. jar}
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla {mexican}
food coloring
Mix all ingredients together adding one at a time until smooth. Tint frosting with color of your choice, and spoon a generous amount one one cake. Top with another cake, and voila!
{warning: you can only eat just one~ they are super rich! and that says a lot coming from me:)}
St. Patty's~ rainbow~ get it?? snort, snort
{love me anyways people}

I have to admit~ they were really fun to play with, but I am finding this frosting all over the house... whoa boy!
Care package anyone?? This was really cute until I smooshed it~ whoops.
Livy~Lou eyeing the goods...
After school I had to whisk Kaden away to the allergist~ good times. I have to tell you this picture is cracking me up because I wanted a picture of Kaden with his friend Xander, and right as I snapped the picture Xan jumped behind Kade and you seriously can't even tell he's back there. See the tiny little toe peeking out... tricky trickster!
And I wonder why Kaden blows through shoes so quick! Check out those laces... seriously bud!
When we went to pick up Rylie and Gracie at dance this is what we found...
Little cuties~ glad to see Ry-bug is finally warming up!
It was pretty much a fabulous day. Couldn't love my kiddos and my hubby any more than I already do~ I feel like one lucky gal!

4 comments:

Libby said...

Whoopie pies-yum. Waffles for lunch-also yum.

A few other thoughts...
Did you see the wedding that went along with that tablescape below? It was so adorable and the girl's dress was the cutest thing ever.

Those cups of milk make me smile. And I don't even like milk!

Rylie's room is adorable. I can't imagine a little girl who wouldn't love to live in it.

Your after-church pics are so cute. Love Rylie's headband.

Mindi D said...

What you don't double dip?? Well then you are perfect!!! Where do you find the time to bake, decorate rooms and blog?? I swear i need to duplicate myself!! LOVE the rainbow cookies, and i LOVE LOVE the 'hidden friend' behind Kaden!! NO IDEA he was there ha ha!! Talk to ya soon :)

Sherice said...

Mindi~ I have this new found freedom now that Parke is getting a little more independent... it really is wonderful!:) Although I am so baby hungry right now, it might not be long before I'm right back where you are at...hmmm. You need to give me the nitty~gritty on four!

Sharstin said...

holy yummy post! i need to come over for some of your delish treats:) happy weekend!