Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blessed

A little bit of what we've been doing this week... and some food for thought.
{you might need some food, I had a lot of thoughts;)}My darling friends Susanne and Scotty came over Tuesday to whip up the hand~outs for New Beginnings. Oreo~pops for our "Black and White" theme... seriously love these gal's.
We had so much fun, and New Beginnings was a great success. Everyone does their little part, and somehow it all comes together and amazes me. I love to see the different talents that each leader and young woman hold. It reminds me of the other day when Kaden looked at me and said, "Do you know it's better to be different than the same. Because if we were all the same, and had the same things, the world would be boring." {seriously, his own words} I love that he has learned that at such a young age. We are all children of our Heavenly Father, and blessed in very different and special ways~ which gives us a reason to help and depend on one another. I really love that idea~ we are all good for somethin' right?
We celebrated the brilliant Dr. Seuss, and the wonderful gifts he has shared. His books are perfection~ so simple, yet profound.
One of my many favorite Dr. Seuss quotes:
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
I think that ties in perfectly with our "black and white" theme in that we have all been taught and prepared, but in the end it is our choice whether we are going to choose right or wrong, be honest or cheat, be kind and good or turn the other cheek, hold on to our virtue or let the ways of the world confuse us and let go of what we know is right. We can be who we choose.
And lastly, Meg came over today to get her craft on~ we were on a pillow mission. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and neighbors, especially when I get cutler's cookies on my porch (shh...don't tell Nic~ they are hiding;) It is slowly sinking in that this is where we need to be. It was a fabulous week that left me feeling uplifted and edified. Looking so forward to the weekend with my fam~ they are the best in the west!
Hope you all enjoy your weekend~xo

1 comment:

Jake & Karaline said...

Hi, I some how came across your blog. I hope you don't mind me snooping. I am having a zebra party for my daughter's first birthday. I thought those oreo pops would be perfect. I was just wondering what you drizzled on top? It looks darker than just chocolate. Also did you display them somehow? Thanks, Karaline