So I thought I would send out a little announcement about the annual Thanksgiving Day Run that takes place none other than.... Thanksgiving Day!! We still have 2 weeks to get training. It is a 5 mile walk/run, not to be mistaken with a 5K (had to learn that one the hard way a few years back... those last 2 miles were killer!!) Anyways, anyone who would like to start your Thanksgiving morning off right with a great workout--GET TRAINING!! I will post more details later (time, place, whatnot). Oh!! And the best part is it doesn't cost you a penny- only canned goods which go towards feeding those less fortunate than us. Huh? Sound good? THEN GET RUNNING!! Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Turkey Day Run
So I thought I would send out a little announcement about the annual Thanksgiving Day Run that takes place none other than.... Thanksgiving Day!! We still have 2 weeks to get training. It is a 5 mile walk/run, not to be mistaken with a 5K (had to learn that one the hard way a few years back... those last 2 miles were killer!!) Anyways, anyone who would like to start your Thanksgiving morning off right with a great workout--GET TRAINING!! I will post more details later (time, place, whatnot). Oh!! And the best part is it doesn't cost you a penny- only canned goods which go towards feeding those less fortunate than us. Huh? Sound good? THEN GET RUNNING!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I guess I better put down this candy bar and coke huh!?!
Poor Steph, I will pray for her and little Bode. That is the worst, let's cross our fingers this doc knows what he's doing!
That is soo sad to be due and not have that baby yet! Good luck to her! The run starts at 9:10 registration at 8:15. Also there is that 2 mile walk if anyone is interested in that! I'm excited, a little nervous but it'll be ok! I'm glad you're doing it!
Hey:) I check your blog from time to time to see your cute family and just wanted to leave my emial incase you go private. (channab7@hotmail.com)
And as for your sister in law...I know EXACTLY what she's going thru. I went one week past my due date too! It was a long....week but we got a healthy baby and it all worked out. I'm sure everything will be just fine! But I do know that waiting is so hard at this point...like 40 weeks isn't long enough?!
nice pic!
man...luckily my father-in-law decides if/when i get started because i threw such a tantrum that he'd never seen before with addie and he started me a week earlier. he was worried for my mental state. and i'm not joking about that!
this post made me a little sad because up until 6 years ago this was an annual thing for me and my family. pretty much since high school until i had grace...then i got sick and tried to get back in shape then got sick again...i used to love that feeling of getting in such a good run in the chilly air with my friends and family, then just chilling and eating all day (and not feeling so bad about it). oh well. i will get back to my running days someday. i vow it.
That sounds like a lot of fun/torture. I have never ran that far. 4 miles has been my max so I don't know if I could even do 5 miles. Let me know when and where because I am interested.
That sounds like a lot of fun/torture. I have never ran that far. 4 miles has been my max so I don't know if I could even do 5 miles. Let me know when and where because I am interested.
Wish I lived closer I would love to walk!! I'm really trying to get the baby weight off. lol we'll see if that ever happens. You look amazing for having a little one. Yah since we moved to Idaho derek hunts. I think every guy in Idaho does, anyway I hate it, I don't like he is gone and I don't like the taste. But I'm glad it gives him something to do. I love the name parker we almost named porter that. Do you love three? I love having three kids. Life is just so fun. So glad I found your blog.
I'm planning on it. Im so excited I'll probably die but you guys can be my motivation
Okay so Running and Thanksgiving should never be said in the same sentence. This totally goes against everything that is American. ha ha ha!!! just kidding....but you definitely won't find me running any day of the year let alone Thanksgiving. I would rather just give canned goods and then go home and eat. That really sucks about sister-in-law. I bet she is wanting to die right now. Nothing is worse than going over. Yuck!!!
Post a Comment