Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween Storytime at the Treehouse

So something terrible happened to me a few weeks ago. We had had quite an eventful week at our house. We visited the pumpkin patch, enjoyed a weekend getaway to Park City, went to The Treehouse Museum with Mimi and Papa, and hosted our annual family Halloween bash. I had taken some darling pictures of the kids, and was looking so forward to getting them on my computer so I could post them. Well me, being the computer genius that I am, somehow lost about 150 of the cutest pictures I've taken in a long time!! Let's just say I spent an entire day literally crying over my mistake. Visions of my darling photos running through my head. Nic consoled me. Rylie consoled me. She said to me, "Did you leave them over there?" Pointing in all different directions. To which I had to explain, "No honey, I lost them on the computer." She patted my back (one of my favorite things in the world), brushed my hair from my forehead, and sympathized, "I hope you find your pictures Mom." That right there made it all better. I love what a little loving mother she is. She seriously made me feel better.

Luckily, my Dad had his camera at a couple of these events and I was able to salvage some pictures for memories sake. Thanks Dad!!

The kids got to dress up in their costumes.

Rylie was so excited about curling her hair for her snow white costume.

They had so much fun with their cousins.
Kaden was totally into the stories.
The girls holding hands walking from station to station was adorable.
And we can't forget about ol' Parker Frett...
Wait, let's get a closer shot... precious pea pod.
Here we have the fire-breathing dragon found at the end of this adventure. Alright... maybe not fire-breathing, I'm feeling a little dramatic (if you couldn't tell).
After the Treehouse, we went to Mimi and Papa's for some pizza. Me and my sisters pictured here with the three babiest of the bunch. They are growing too fast!!
And a little Mario Kart on the Wii. Kaden is obsessed!!
We all had a great time, and I am so glad my Dad was able to get me some cute pics of our fun night!! Thanks Mimi & Papa for the fun fun night!!

9 comments:

Angie said...

A couple years ago, my computer crashed, and I thought that I had lost ALL the pictures on my computer. So I know the exact sick feeling you feel when something like that happens! So sorry!! I guess that's the one bad thing about digital, ya? Well, these are cute anyway.

Mindi D said...

That's awful! I'm sorry, good thing your dad saved the day! (and Rylie!!)

D'N K said...

I totally know what your going through. I lost about 100 pics when ryann was first born. I cried so much. I learned my lesson. You'll look back and think it's really not so bad. SO Sorry

Perla said...

i'm so sorry to hear that! it happened to me once, too, after my sister had just taken a ton of great family photos for me and then i just deleted them all on accident. i was literally crying my eyes out. jason didn't quite get it. oh well. these things happen. luckily we figure it out later that its not really so bad, but we are women and we have the right to cry about stuff like that.

ry looks so cute as snow white. addie had her b-day 4 weeks ago and just yesterday she said to me, "hey, mom? remember a long long long time ago you told me that you might get me a snow white costume and let me dress up as her for my fifth birthday? you forgot!" obviously, she did, too, but i still felt bad.

nspency said...

That's one of my biggest fears. I leave pics on my camera for months even though I've already downloaded them...just in case. Maybe yours are in picture heaven with all the deleted pictures. :o)

Sherice said...

Ha Ha Ha...Nancy I love you!! I've never thought of that, but I bet you are right. There has to be a special place for all of those misplaced pictures. Picture Heaven. Thanks.

Jamie said...

Sorry you lost all of those pictures! At least you were able to get some very cute ones from your dad!

Miss Candace said...

I am still hoping they turn up somewhere for you. Ahhhh. That is sad. The pictures Dad got are really cute though, good thing he's always good at taking pictures! That was a super fun night.

Angie said...

Also, it's totally unfair that your wearing a slick-back ponytail and still look gorgeous. Just had to put in my two cents!! :)