Thursday, May 12, 2011

New York

I just love New York~ everything about it. It is such a melting pot of so many different cultures, and walks of life. Definitely some awesome people watching, and one of our favorite spots to visit...
We stayed at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square, that place is always hoppin'~
We woke to a beautiful spring morning, full of fresh blossoms and buzz over 'The Royal Wedding.' Nic had a meeting, and I joined the girls for a fabulous run through Central Park.
And then we spent the rest of the day exploring the city...
I could soooo live there...
We went down to ground zero, where they are fervently working on a memorial. Almost 10 years later, I still get chills when I think of that day.
The day after we returned home, they announced that Bin Laden had been killed. The news reporters were interviewing people celebrating, and I could see these huge cranes in the background. It was so weird to think we were just there.
For lunch one day I snuck into this little joint, and had me some serious good food...
We had some delicious authentic Italian food down on Mulberry Street...
Me and my baby~
I finally got to see Wicked~ and it did not disappoint. It was brilliant~ and I'm gonna say it is my favorite Broadway musical thus far.
The Bruse's were too cute~ and so much fun to hang out with!
Ha ha! Funny story (just ask me:) We were stopped at a light and I saw this Statue of Liberty standing there. Of course, me and my craziness had to jump in for a pic. Next thing I knew she was wrapping me in the American flag, adorning my noggin' with a crown, putting a torch in my one hand, placing my other hand on my hip (awesome), and telling me "That'll be 3 dollars." Man, I love NY!!
Rockefeller Center~
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this was the best chips & guac I've ever tasted~ Fish tacos, plantains, oh my...
Isn't this cathedral gorgeous? I am such a sucker for architecture and history, and it was lurking around every corner.
And then we were headed home with new memories, and sore legs! As we flew out, we could see Lady Liberty out there in the harbor. I was wishing we had had more time to get a bit closer. So much to do... so little time... one day.
Such a fun get~away, but we are definitely ready to be home with the kiddos for a while:)
Until next time New York~
~xo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always said I would live there if I were still single!!! I LOVE IT there!!! So glad you got to see Wicked!!! It is by far my favorite play. In fact I just bought tickets to see it for the third time!!!

Sharstin said...

Awww!! So jealous! Newyork ismy fav:) looks like a blast! Wicked is the best:)

Amy said...

How fun! I love all your pics. Sad to say I have never made it to the big apple so I will live vicariously through you.

Lauren said...

I never had ANY desire to go to NYC, but a few years ago, hubs ran the NYC Marathon and we went for a long weekend and OH MY! I fell hard...in LOVE! Even though I was uber pregnant, I checked it all out! We are going next fall (he's running again) and believe me...I'm getting a major game plan (SHOPPING)! The food, shops...just sitting on a bench watching everyone! Gotta love it!

Rachel said...

What amazing photos!! I'm so glad you had fun! Wish we could have come too- maybe next time.