Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Getaway~

Nic had a work meeting in Snowmass, Colorado. I love when his meetings require my attendance. First~ because I love to spend time with my baby, and second~ because I love to travel and explore new places. I had never been to Aspen, or Colorado for that matter~ so I was super excited. Here I am boarding our tiny little plane that took us from Denver to Aspen...
The flight was a little bumpy, a little scary, but alas we made it. We came into a pretty good snow storm...
My honey checking us into our hotel...
As I drool over the lobby.
Then we made our way up to our room. It was so cozy, complete with fireplace.
The view from our window, we couldn't wait to get on that mountain...
Is this tub the coolest? Pretty much loved that red stool...
We were hungry, so we wandered the hotel until we found a darling little sushi joint. We watched the skiers come down the mountain as we talked and indulged in Edamame and sushi...
This guy was my favorite~ spicy crab with a mango sauce... oh, my.
Then we made our way out to the pool~ that I can't believe we never made it into. I loved seeing the steam rising off the warm water as I sat by the fire.
My new obsession, infused water. I'm convinced I need one of these in my kitchen...
And hot cocoa with mallows~ come on...
The next morning Nic had a meeting {while I slept like a baby~sorry hon}, and then we were ready to hit the slopes. Can I tell you how pumped we were?
Woot whoo! This view was absolutely breathtaking~ this picture doesn't do it justice. I wasn't so sure about the helmet idea~ I'm total old school. But it took one second, and I was sold. I seriously love it, you know, for when I get all crazy~ ha ha!
We stayed and skied in Snowmass, just outside of Aspen. One morning we got up and went into town. I loved everything about it. The fact that it is completely encircled by mountains, it is quaint, historical, and has a flare that I could eat with a spoon.
Why yes, yes we do.
I am such a tourist. I have to share some of the amazing views I caught as Nicholas was rolling his eyes:)
Okay, I couldn't get over these arrangements and storefronts...
If I had a baby girl, or this store was open, I could have done some serious damage...
The weather couldn't have been more perfect~ and we skied till we couldn't ski no more{driving me grammatically crazy to leave that, but I'm gonna!}. Our legs were toast after a couple of long ski days, but we were determined to get in one last run. As we got off the gondola we decided to separate and meet at the bottom {Nic's a boarder and wanted some powder} I started down the mountain and soon nothing looked familiar. Hmm. I just kept making my way down until I finally reached a lift. Come to find out I had somehow skied clear down to this other area, and had to take a shuttle back up to our hotel. Whoops! Nic was hysterical when I called him because he had made the same mistake, but hopped on the lift before it closed. Oh, guess you had to be there~ so great! Love this boy...
I felt so spoiled to have this time with my sweetheart. It's always so hard to leave the littles, but priceless once you're away. A big fat thank you to my sweet neighbors and friends for all of your help, and my darling parents who took care of my sick babes. It means so much, and we are forever grateful.
~xo

6 comments:

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

I have been wondering where you've been.... ha ha.

But oh my goodness, all of your pictures are perfect! You two are so adorable together and that hotel is amazing. I think I need to visit that little town sometime. How fun that he got to take you with him, I'm so glad that you guys had a good time, it looks like the best time ever!

Sharstin said...

wow girly! this looks like such an amazing vaca~ and loved all the fun picts you took--you guys are one flippin cute couple~

Brooke said...

Wow! Just wow! That place is gorgeous! The hotel, the buildings, the mountains, the food! Looks like so much fun!

moellendorf family said...

wow how pretty im sure i need to go there, Im so glad you guys had a great time you deserve it, love you guys

Rachel said...

Looks like such a fun little get away for you two and I'm so happy since I'm sure it feels like you never see him sometimes with all that trauma biz! :)
I have always wanted to go there and now (after all your super cute pics... (Good job taking so many pics!)) I'm convinced I have to. I mean that hotel? Amazing!

Kara said...

I have always wanted to go there it looks amazing!!! How fun that you got to you with your hubby for an awesome little vacation:)