{warning: too much information follows, but it is for my record}
Moving into our house was quite an adventure. It was quick. Like, really quick. We sold our old house in 3 days, and in less than a month we were driving moving vans to our new abode. We moved in the morning after Thanksgiving day {got in a major squabble with the previous owners~ i think we were all a little stressed}, and two days later we were driving Nic to the airport for a month~long training. Needless to say, I was a little overwhelmed. I remember being surrounded by boxes, not knowing where anything was, the house needing to be cleaned before I could put anything away, and I had two toddlers to entertain. It was survival mode for sure. I loaded the kids up with the clothes on our back, and drove up to my parents in tears. They were so much help to me at that time, I am forever grateful for them. I spent the next month driving back and forth, trying to make some order of the house so that when Nic got home we could be somewhat prepared for Christmas. Anyyyyywayssss... sorry, that stirred up some old emotions. On to the happy part. The part where I have been slowly making this house~ our home.
Last year, my resolution was to clean, de~clutter, organize, and simplify our home. The first thing to go was this red paint! It was too dark for that small space, and black counter~tops were not helping. Finally, after 3 years of living with it, it was time to say good~bye...
My before pictures of the bathroom are MIA at the moment. These were the only evidence I could find to prove that bathroom was indeed ever red... look at that baby one, too cute~ even in his destructiveness.
I really tried to work with that paint. I even found these pictures at Tai Pan to cover some big holes in the wall...
After some major dry wall patching {i'm talkin',professional help}, and two coats of primer it was gone forever. Yay! I decided on a color called 'beach'. It was softer, calmer, more of a light gray~blue... love. So much better.
The counter~tops are not my fav, one day i might be able to talk Nic into some concrete. But this definitely softened the look of the whole room...
We don't use toilet paper in this particular bathroom {refer to 'before' picture}, so this tissue box has come in really handy. It used to be silver, until I took some black paint to it... i think i have a slight obsession with paint:)
Oh ya, I also painted the ceiling white. I like white. It's crisp, and clean, and bright. It definitely opened up this small area...
and i still have plans for that light fixture.
{hee hee... me in my running garb~ taking blurry pictures of my bathroom}As of yet there is nothing on my walls, and i am quite alright with it. In the summer I like to spice that counter space up with some fresh cut flowers from the garden. I love fresh flowers~ peonies are my favorite. I am also loving white picture frames. Hhmmm... i'll keep ya posted.
p.s. we still affectionately refer to this room as 'the red bathroom'
2 comments:
it looks so great girly~! love the paint that you chose~
LOVE LOVE LOVE! It looks amazing, I love that color!
Post a Comment