Monday, January 3, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

Parke's playgroup was at our house this morning, and I was wondering what to serve the lovely ladies I socialize with. Next thing I knew I was whippin' up a batch of these delectable treats. I guess I have a thing for muffins. I had forgotten how much I adore this recipe and wondered, 'How could I possibly keep it all to myself?' I acquired it from my sweetest next door neighbor Tami {whose baking's are always welcome here}. Thanks Tami girl! If you like blueberries and lemon, they are a must try!!
Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
2 c flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 c sugar
4 T butter, melted & cooled
1 1/4 c sour cream
1 1/2 c blueberries {or i've used fresh blackberries~very tasty... raspberries would be fab too!}

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tin {or line w/wrappers}. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. In separate bowl whisk egg until light(20 sec). Add sugar and whisk until homogeneous; add melted butter in 2 additions. Add sour cream in 2 additions, and whisk until just combined. Add berries to dry ingredients and gently toss to coat berries. Add sour cream mixture and fold until mixture comes together. Batter will be thick {and delicious!} ~don't over mix! Divide among the muffin tins and bake 20-30 min~ or until golden brown. {I like to make them mini~muffins, and bake 15-20 min} Let cool on wire rack while preparing topping. In small bowl squeeze the juice of one lemon {remove all seeds}, in another small bowl place 3/4 c sugar. When muffins are cool, dip tops in lemon juice and then sugar. Enjoy!!

These are so moist due to the sour cream. Mmmm... I think I'll go have another!
Happy Baking!!

3 comments:

Sharstin said...

oh yum! that looks delish!

Kara said...

Oh those look super yummy1 I love myself a good blueberry muffin:) I'll have to try these for sure.
It was good to see you the other day:)

Adam and Brittany said...

Those sound amazing! I wish I had all of the ingredients at home right now, yum. I'll have to make a trip to the store.