{Oh, my heck! I keep deleting pictures, and can't figure out how to move them down to the bottom again. Sorry for my incompetence. Kaden chatting with the elves... I thought this was adorable! and couldn't leave it out}
Rylie started a little dance class in our neighborhood this past fall with some of her friends. It has been a roller coaster of emotions because well, she's a girl... and sometimes girls are emotional:) Some days she is excited to go, and some days she is crying and clinging to my leg! {I prefer when she is smiling and skipping into her class without me by her side. It is good to be loved, but sometimes it is a little over the top! and I want to pull my hair out} Anyways, when I found out that her dance studio would be performing at the Festival of the Trees I was elated! I love the Festival of the Trees, and it has become a tradition for us to go every year. This year was going to be extra special because our Ry-bug was going to be dancing{or so we hoped}
I had a prayer in my heart the entire way down, just hoping that she would not be scared and actually have the courage to get up there and do it. When she started to complain of a stomach ache I thought, "Here we go...it's not gonna happen." But when she saw her friends all running around and having a great time, she immediately jumped in and joined the fun. I was thrilled!
My sweet mom came down with us, and it was so fun to be there with her. It was a good thing she came equipped with suckers! The boys were growing a little impatient waiting for their sis...
Sucker kisses...
Rylie was a little unsure, but at least she was up there... and doing the dance! Yay!! Ry-bug, we couldn't have been more proud of you...
There she is on the end there... nice pointed toe sis:)
Oh, my baby girl... how has she gotten so big??
And after...
Just check out that ear-to-ear grin. She was so so happy, and felt so special. Rylie, (and I am not going to say "sweet" friends because Nic is starting to tease me that I say "sweet" too much, but there is no other way to describe them!} Whitney, Kendal, and McCall...
Rylie and Miss Alana... the most patient and kind dance teacher around {trust me- we've tested her}
Afterwards we were ready for some grub...
Rylie still on cloud nine...
Next we were off to the kids corner. We've got nothin' but love for the kids corner...
Kaden in the giant bubble... he loves this, can you tell?
Ry-bug gettin' her primp on...
Parker and Mimi doin' some serious bonding...
Ornaments decorated, faces painted, reindeer antlers on, fish pond dum-dum's devoured, elf wands waved, fingernails dolled up, boy in giant bubble, check! I think we covered just about everything, and then it was off to see that jolly old elf...
The baby one finally gave in and had a little snooze while we waited for Santa!
When Parke woke up it was our turn, and he was having nothing to do with Santa. Darn it! But Kaden and Rylie were sure excited to see him!
Bode and Parke were thoroughly enjoying their canes...
Before we left, it was back to the kids corner for one last chat with the elves{cue kaden picture. I know, seriously? seriously}. Then we checked out a few of those wonderful trees... I am always so amazed at the creativity and talent that goes into each of those trees. It is such a special cause. I always leave the festival feeling very blessed.

5 comments:
So fun! The elf phone call was the BEST! I have a pic of Koy talking to 'barbara the elf' He was eating it up! I loved it!! And of course the bubble.. thats all they talked about! Super fun times :)
Cute, cute pictures! Hey, if you accidentally delete a picture, hit "control z" and it shows back up! Also, you can move pictures to the bottom by clicking on them and dragging the cursor to the right of the picture below it. It takes forever because you have to do it one picture at a time, but at least you know how now if you want to go to the effort. Good luck!
Thanks Brookie! It seems to be a new trend with me, so thanks for the tips on how to fix my mishaps:)
What a cute post, your a darling mom! And you have the cutest kids!
looks like so much fun! and how cute is little rylie dancing! love it~ you have such a darlng lil fam!
Post a Comment