Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baptism and a Christmas Card

Have you ever had a picture that no matter how many times you see it, it brings tears to your eyes? That is this picture- to me. You see, my Kaden {my eldest baby} is going to be turning 8 this next year, which means he will be baptized a member of the church. As you can see from this picture, he is not alone. There are times I question how we ended up where we are, or if this is the place we are really going to raise our children. When I see this picture, my questions are easily answered. I know this is right where we need to be... surrounded by great examples. Kaden's friend Davis was the first to turn 8, and his darling {and very talented} mother Heather decided to put this picture together. I am forever grateful that she did... I am just envisioning another 11 years down the road when these boys are turning papers in to serve the Lord all over the world. I just know I am going to blink, and that time will be here. There is my handsome little guy right in the middle...
At the baptism all of those boys got up and sang 'Armies of Helaman.' It was precious, and of course caused more tears. It got Kade really excited for his special day. After the baptism everyone was looking mighty cute, so we ventured out to the nature park in hopes of snapping a pic for our Christmas card. The kids love the nature park, so it wasn't a difficult task...
Can you see what a great big brother Kaden is? When he's not cranky, he's the sweetest thing ever:)!
Love. All three of them. To pieces!
It was difficult to decide...
But this was the winner!
{the one I made everyone trudge through the mud and stand in front of a dumpster for:) Nic complained, and thought I was crazy, but loved the results! See hon, just trust your baby}
Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful holiday season!!

1 comment:

Sharstin said...

i adore the picts of your kiddos! and how fabulous is that pict of all the future missionaries! so great~ have a wonderful weekend chick!