Thursday, April 1, 2010

Updates

Um, so it's been a while. Ya? I don't even know where to begin. So much has happened in the last 5 months that I haven't posted. And I really have some of the cutest pictures from the holidays, but as I always say- what do ya do?? I'll try and catch up on older stuff later. For now, how about an update on these cuties. Oh, and here are more of the family pics I promised months ago. Better now than never, right? Kaden
Has lost 2 teeth, and made 2 bucks. He played fall soccer, scored his first goal, and is about to start back up this month. Kade is learning to read, and can pretty much sound out any word. It is fun, and weird to see him reading books to himself. I thought that would always be my job. He L.O.V.E.S his Nintendo DS, and plays it for hours on end (no I don't approve). He has mastered the monkey bars, and says, "See Mom, I'm not skinny anymore. I can skip two at a time." See bud, those veggies pay off. Kaden started violin lessons and is starting to get the hang of it. He is a great example to his sister and brother. We love him so much.
Rylie
Loves to help me in the kitchen, she loves to help me mix, stir, roll, & taste-test everything. She is the biggest help with her little brother, and very sweet to him. She played her first season of soccer last fall, which she was very excited about... until it was time to kick the ball. Maybe this spring she won't be so intimidated. She loves to organize lately. Everything from my cupboards, jewelry box, closet, you name it. This can never be a bad thing. She is doing so well in preschool; learning her letters and numbers, and can write her own name. I just love how she dots her "i." She is such a girl, but loves to keep up with her big brother. Love this girl.
Parker
Is a terror. But in an angelic way. He is destructive, and probably the craziest baby I think I've ever met. But he is sweet to the bone, and loves his family. We all dote on him like no body's business- hence, he gets away with murder. He loves balls. Basketballs, baseballs, footballs, you name it. Parke has the best manners, and will say "she-shu (thank you) Mom" unsolicited whenever I give him something. He can climb anything, and will. He likes to "cook" and will get out all the pots, pans, utensils, cereal, flour, etc. etc., and combine it all for ONE BIG MESS. Really though, how do you get mad at that face? Even when he fills his daddy's shoe with milk? (don't tell his daddy) You know??

6 comments:

Mindi D said...

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT????????? I had totally given up on your blog, it was about to get deleted!! Phew, you saved yourself from getting x-ed just in the nick of time :) Ha ha love you! Call me, we need to chat!

The Mullins said...

Those three kiddos are beautiful! So fun to hear about their blossoming personalities. We don't get to see you guys enough!

How funny...we must be on the same wavelength. After a LONG absence, I spent time today updating our blog too.

spenceandcass said...

There are TONS of things to do in Chicago. There are great places to eat, lots of cool tours of the city.... you won't run out of things to do. Make sure you go shopping on the Magnificent MIle! There's lot's of great shopping! Have fun!

Brooke said...

It's great to get an update, your kids are so dang cute! I hope things are going good, it's been too long since I've seen you!

Kara said...

I am excited that you updated too! Your kids are adorable and getting so big. It's fun to watch them grow and learn new things all the time:)

FRYER FAM said...

wow it has been a long time. so good to see the fun things you've been up to again.