Tuesday, December 27, 2011

holiday hoopla~

December was nuts! With a capital N.
With all of the hubbub of Christmas, I could barely squeeze in a few winks of sleep! Needless to say, I'm a bit behind. So this is the deal. We are going to knock it out here in one huge marathon~of~a~Christmas post, mkay?
First off, we decked the halls. I had lots of help this year:) Our tree was re-decorated on a daily basis~ awesome! and only a few casualties {translation: shattered glass} due to Parker's incessant need to throw objects at the tree.
{oh, and notice my new tree skirt~yay! finally got that bad boy done}
As per tradition we hit up the Festival of the Trees. Rylie had a dance performance, and was so excited when her cousins came to see her shake a leg!
We decided to jump in line to see Santa and almost missed Rylie's performance~ way to go Mom;) Pretty sure I had scrambled eggs for brains all month long! I'm usually so with the program, ha! Oh man, I don't even want to see me in 30 years~ scary;)
{so this picture is out of order, but it's too precious. I couldn't stand to leave it out}We had a group meeting with Santa...
And an unsure 3 year old. This picture of him peaking around my leg at that jolly old elf pretty much melts my heart...
Once we realized that we were on the complete opposite end of the building than we needed to be at, and ran around like a bunch of crazy people, we finally settled in and watched our sis take the stage. Whew! She did awesome, and we were so proud of her!
They danced to the Polar Express, and Rylie thought that was pretty amazing:)
Flowers from her Daddy are always a must!
Then we were off to the kiddy~korner for some holiday fun...
Sweet Gramy and Papa{with a freshly replaced hip! no less} were such troopers, and such fun to hang out with. Ry~bug sure does love her grandparents...
And then we were toast! and headed home for bed. This was the day of the massive wind storm here in Utah, and as we drove home we couldn't believe the damage along the way. We were definitely counting blessings that night.
Next up~ The Sparrow family Christmas party! We were spoiled with a delicious dinner at one of our favorite spots...
The cousins were in heaven~
Parke and Zac~ I love to watch Zac with our kids, he is such a great uncle to them, and they love him to piece's!
After dinner we bundled up and went to see some Christmas lights!
When we stopped in to see Santa, Parker went and hid in a corner...
While the others anxiously awaited their turn to sit up on Santa's lap...
Ty and the boys~
Our cozy little family~
Thanks to Gramy and Papa for such a special and memorable night!
Sent the last of our Christmas cards off in the mail {whew!} and loved as Christmas cards from friends and loved ones poured in. Definitely one of my most favorite holiday traditions.
There was our annual Christmas goodie day, where we do not leave the kitchen until there is an over~abundance of sugary treats! All went well this year.
The list included: salted caramels, turtles, chocolate~dipped oreos, fudge, divinity, chocolate~peppermint cupcakes, Christmas wreath treats, and sparkly red~velvet brownie bites.
On Christmas Eve~eve, we went to my parents for our annual Christmas party. We ate ourselves sick! what's new? I am making some serious changes... come January:)
Me and my cute sisters~
The opening of the jammies~
Me and my honey~ and my new Rossi beanie:)
Sweet Mimi and Papa~
My Dad reading 'Twas the night before Christmas.' He has been reading this same storybook since I was a baby. It even has some really awesome illustration additions from 'yours truly' inside the front cover that I added in my toddling years:)
Christmas Eve~
Santa asking if we've been naughty or nice?? Hmm...
that's a good question:)
Ah, the magic of Santa Claus... I love nothing more than to see it in the eyes of our children.
Group picture!
Then we headed for our neck of um, suburbia. The kiddos opened new jammies, put cookies out for Santa, sprinkled the yard with reindeer food, and we snuggled by the fire and read 'The Quiltmaker's Gift.'
And the moment of truth...
Which list were they on?
I have to say, this last month my kiddos were livin' on the edge a little.
Testing the waters, if you will;)
So did Santa deliver wonderous toys, or lumps of coal??
Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh what BeaUtiFul pix! P. Sneaking a peek at Santa...too presh ( and shallow note: love your belt in that pix)!!! Miss R. Looks adorns in her dance getup. Wow! My girlies love dancing....thinking I need to sign them up for some classes! And hello Martha Stewart!!!!!!! Your baking day.....insane yum! Amazing! Love, love that Santa visited your family get together....way cool! Sure looks like your fam had a rockin' Christmas! Taking time to enjoy it all....you seem quite great at that ( which is soooo wonderful) Ahhhh...the holiday hoopla is magical. In a way, pretty sad to have it all end! :)

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

You are so pretty. I love your Christmas card, and all of your cute outfits!

My Love Affair said...

We started the christmas pj tradition this yr but found it very hard to find christmas ones that weren't winter ones! (Its summer here in Australia)That baking day looks crazy but all so yum! What a beautiful family you have. x

Sharstin said...

what a fantastic holiday with your sweet family~ and way to go Ry--she looks darling. I loved your christmas card too--cutest fam you have friend! hope to see you soon! book club coming up:) yay!