A recent conversation with a sweet friend of mine got me to thinking about my blog here. Now this blog serves a few different purposes, but one of them is most definitely not to proclaim a life of perfection. Sure there are days that seem dang near perfect, but those days are few and far between. I guess I just figure everyone knows that, and spare you the nitty~gritty details of tantrums, overwhelming laundry piles, scrubbing toilets, and cleaning poop{!} off the carpet. {gotta love potty-training} Motherhood is not glamorous. I learned that early on in my career:) But I feel a little misunderstood, so just to clarify~ I cherish motherhood, and believe it is a gift. Does this mean I am a perfect mom, and never lose my patience~ i wish! Does it mean motherhood is easy? ha! quite possibly the hardest thing I have ever done. I think the things in life you work the hardest for, produce the greatest rewards. Motherhood is rewarding, it is fun, and a great blessing. Of all of the amazing happenings in my life, none are more amazing to me than my children. If ever I am having a hard day or running low on patience, I remind myself just how precious they are. Not only to me, but in the sight of God. For they are ultimately His. Children know pure and simple joy. We can be reminded to stop and find that joy in our busy 'adult' lives, through them. You know I love Pinterest:) One of the first things I ever pinned was this darling quote~

I love it so much. It is our natural tendency to look at everyone around us, and compare. We are our greatest critics, and can easily believe that we don't have enough, or do enough, or do it well enough. I think true happiness comes from knowing who you are. Knowing that we are all individual and unique, and that is such a great thing! How stale would life be if we were all the same, had the same talents, style, strengths, and interests? If our children were perfectly behaved, and never rocked the boat!? It would be lame~ for sure:) A little chaos does us all some good. Sometimes we have to dig reeeally deep, and find the strength we didn't even know we had, and use it! It is awesome. And you are all awesome!
And my kiddos are awesome! Can you believe this weather? ha! this was actually a few weeks ago, and it is snowing cats and dogs right now:)

Rylie mastered her Chinese splits~ she is pretty pumped about it.


Kaden is giving me the, 'okay, enough! mom' look...

See~ simple joy...

Rylie getting mad at Parker because he landed on her leg:)


Air~born baby boy...



silly kiddos~

So just because I like to focus on the positive and highlight our funnest in doings, certainly does not mean that I won't be refereeing a kid~fight in the next few minutes, or eating waaay too much chocolate {because the hubs is out of town and I'm flyin' solo}, and that is what gets me through:) I just figure, parenting is a one shot deal. There are no re~do's. I don't want to look back on these sweet moments with my kiddos and have regrets. I want to savor their smallness, their innocence, their joy. Even though that means enduring their tantrums, demands, and dependency. Always focus on the good, because there is always good to be found. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder for it;)
Our life is perfect, because it is imperfect. You know?
And that is exactly what it is supposed to be.
~xo
14 comments:
LOVELOVELOVE this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said!!!!! Hope u all are having a fabulous weekend!!!!
Very well said! Such a sweet reminder. Thank you :)
I've always loved reading your blog because you show what a good attitude and bring about. Always looking for the positive and enjoying the simple is always what I've gotten from you. Thank you for sharing that love with all of us!
I stumbled upon your blog from 71toes, and I love it!! You gave ginven me so many great ideas on parties, and life in general. It's so funny, like eerie funny, but today i was having a bad day, i wrote to my friend and said, i know everyones lives are not perfect, however, i love this blog, but this mom is perfect, her life is perfect, why can't my kids be so amazing with each other, why can't i learn to bake like that, why can't i look like that.. you get the picture. Then just now i felt prompted to click on your blog, and here it is.. no one is perfect.. thanks for posting this. And keep blogging!!
Ahhhhh,yes....when comparing...always seems like the grass is greener. But it's all about how you see it. And I think you, my friend, have darn great vision! :). Enjoy your weekend....and chocolate is never good without an US Weekly! Ha!
I love looking at your blog because it motivates me to be happier! you shine and you radiate happiness in a way that isn't threatening. keep on doing your thing and focusing on the positive. It's not a bad thing to do! :) xoxo
Sherice, i too once had a friend tell me she hates reading peoples blogs because she said it's only people bragging about their lifes. I told her i do mine for me and only me so i will have it to look back on. Thanks for sharing!! I feel ya on the hubby part my husband leaves tomorrow for a week, but my fix is a big fat Diet Coke:)
You are the sweetest Sherice.
:)
so well said--and i totally agree with you! thanks for this great post--i think you are the sweetest gal, and such a fantastic momma~
i love when i come across your blog! it's so refreshing and optimistic. such a great post :)
Ironically I had the same feelings today and loved reading your post. So well said.
This was a great post! I totally agree with you, it is a waste of time to wish you were somebody you aren't. We all have talents, no matter what they are:)
What a great post, Sherice. Like so many have said already, I love reading your blog because it has such a great air of positivity. Which is exactly what this world needs. I admire your writing style and your ability to captures life's moments in words and pictures. I love that quote from Pinterest. So true. Keep up the great blogging, girl, and I'll definitely keep reading.
This is why I love you! Way to keep it real :) I have many happy memories of us laughing ourselves to tears over our attempts at perfection. You are an amazing example of mother, wife, and friend to many. Ok, only a wife to one... Love you!
Post a Comment