Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to School

Ah, there is something that i love about fresh crayon's.
School definitely snuck up on me this year,
and our back to school week was a little bitter~sweet.
Kade was a little nervous/grumpy, and wasn't being very cooperative in the picture department. Alas, we were still able to snap some of the little man~
Walking to school~ that's the spirit Kade! Man i love this boy.
My big 2nd grader, back at school... I don't think we were quite ready to say goodbye.
I kept saying, "Do it for the chicken patty buddy!"
He looked pretty adorable sitting at his little desk though...
And then it was Rylie's turn~
you wouldn't believe how excited she was.

I loaded up the wagon with a couple of angels, and headed over to the school... what will i do when i can't just throw everyone in the wagon?!
We met up with some of Rylie's friends along the way.
{Olivia, Ry, Whitney, and Kendal}
Rylie workin' hard on her assignments. I love the way she writes her name, and is quite a perfectionist when it comes to her coloring:)
Parke found a really awesome fireman hat... oh, and one for me (but i was a poor sport, and chose not to wear it around the school~ i know. so rude.)
And then they were off on a safari tour around their new school. The bug loved it~
The kids were just a little bit excited to see Kade when he got home;)
Parke had his back to school night, and pretty much loved it with all his heart...
Here he is on his first day of preschool...
I seriously can't get enough of this one~ something about him. Is it his sweetness? or the fact that he is my babiest? or is it those precious dimples? Whatever it is, he's got us all wrapped around his little finger.
He got distracted by a little "tato" bug on the way into school...
Miss Katie showin' him the way~ oh, he did so good...
Me, on the other hand... did not. I went home, and sat. Alone. I had informed everyone all week that when this moment came i would indeed do a little dance. After all, it had been 8 years coming. But when the time came, there was no dance. I was stunned. Unsure of what to do with myself. I wandered aimlessly through the mall... it was so uneventful. Usually there is someone missing in a clothing rack, or begging for a gumball, or massive amounts of time wasted on the germ-infested space shuttle that they insist on every.single.time. When Nic texted me and asked where i was, my response was, "headed to the store, a-lone." Translation: come. get. me. We met up at Target, and found ourselves at the deli buying sliced turkey... just for the record it was really good:) But as I was paying for said turkey a sweet little mother came up behind me in the checkout line. Her cart was full with a baby carrier, a toddler, diapers, formula, baby food, all that good stuff. She was dropping items, and doing her best to keep her little's happy. She seemed a little frazzled, and all i wanted to do was put my arm around her and tell her to just enjoy this. Because it will be gone before she knows it. And her babies will all be in school. And she will be alone. at the grocery store. missing her kids. and those moments of utter chaos she thought would never end. Lucky for me it was only 2 and a half hours that i suffered, and then it was time to go gather our crazy brood...
and let me tell you, I've never been so happy to see them!
I think their daddy felt the same way. All in all everyone is extremely happy, the kids all have amazing teachers, and it will be a great year.
And maybe my dance is still coming, eh?
And the harvest has officially begun~ i am lovin' all of the fresh produce! I found this recipe on Pinterest {i'm a bit obsessed}, and am telling you~ if you love squash and corn, you will adore this soup, and it is quite healthful too!
Yellow Summer Squash and Corn Soup
Recipe here.
{image via pinterest}
So welcome fall, and a chill in the air.
And change, that means we are growing in the right direction.
I am so proud of our kiddos.
~xo

3 comments:

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

Melt my little heart! Each post gets sweeter and sweeter. . .

Lauren said...

Awwwww! Back to school time....sniff, sniff! Why is it that the parents struggle so much? I cried every day for two weeks! Big change having both of my girlies gone all day! All I know is that I adore having henry here with me....I can't even think about preschool yet! Your sweet littles look darn adorable and ready for an exciting school year!!!

Sharstin said...

ah look at your babes all big and going back to school! i don't like it one bit!:) looks like they had fun, and glad you weren't solo for to long:) the soup looks yumm~ i adore fall!