Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Birthday Girl

Am I seriously 31?! I try not to pay attention to the fact that I am getting older, until I have a birthday, and then I have no choice than to face the fact. I will say, it was much less traumatic than last year's big 3-0. Not that I would ever want to go back, but I don't know how excited I am about getting older. Oh well, what do ya do? It was such a fabulous birthday. Nothing fancy, but I felt spoiled rotten with all of the kind notes and cards {thanks everyone}. On Sunday, my mom & dad whipped up the most amazing pasta bar, and birthday cake in my honor. Wow! was it delish!I had my sweet family to help me out with those candles. Am I a lucky girl or what?!

I woke up on Tuesday, and seriously wanted to just hang out in my pj's all day long. Eventually I got dressed, and we{me, ry, and parke} went out on our way. We stopped by Kaden's class for a bit, and then over to the mall for some treats and browsing{most of our time was spent on the space shuttle & bubble gum machine- very popular with the kiddos}. Rylie and I splurged on some new sparkle for our lips. Very holiday fabulous!
That night was supposed to be a monster of a storm, so we hunkered down and I dug up the biggest sweatshirt I could find {nic's}, made chicken fried rice, and snuggled by the fire {the storm was a little disappointing, i was hoping to be snowed in for days, oh well}. Nic brought home this tasty little treat...
They sang a lovely happy birthday song...
And we dug into all of the yummy treats that had been so thoughtfully dropped off throughout the day! Thanks friends!!
Can you say chocolate?
It doesn't get much better. I feel so loved!
Highlights of my day:
1. Rylie rushing to my bedside first thing, with the most adorable birthday card she had made with aunt Steph. I loved to see how proud she was of herself, and i couldn't have loved it more. After her and Kaden gave me some great birthday snuggles, they sweetly tucked me back into bed and tiptoed out to leave me in peace. I really wanted to go back to sleep, but kaden had school, and that would have given me a 'mother of the year award,' so I got up.
2. As I was scrounging through my cupboards wondering what to have for breakfast, low and behold, Meg across the street calls, saying she has made me a plate of homemade cinnamon rolls! Really? I don't deserve such friends:)
3. Going through my pile of mail, and finding a letter from one of my precious young women expressing gratitude for my latest lesson. I'll bet she had no idea her letter would find me on the morning of my birthday, or how loved it would make me feel. It made me count my blessings, and realize how grateful I am for my calling.
4. Receiving countless phone calls & text messages wishing me a happy day!
5. Having nothing on the agenda, except to go volunteer in kaden's class. It was so great to go see him {it was so hard to send him to school, I just wanted to play with him all day. But again, MOTY award, couldn't do it.}
6. Going the entire day without makeup on my face! It was my day, and I could do as I pleased! It was awesome, and I swear I saw everyone and their dog at the mall {of course}. Just love me anyways people:)
7. So many treats {everyone knows I'm a sucker for sugar!} brought over. Oh loves, you are too good to me.
8. Nic and the kids gave me a road bike!! I've been salivating over one for a couple of years now, and I was so surprised when Nic brought that puppy in. Can't wait to give it a spin! St. George tri- here I come!
9. Searching for my beloved Koda Bear until 1:00 in the morning, on the coldest night ever! only to finally have to go to bed without him. It was torture. I slept horrible.
{p.s. we found him bright and early the next morning, he had had a wonderful sleepover with a very generous, dog-loving family. Lucky him. We were on cloud nine that he was home, and safe! He was home for about 10 minutes. Long enough to eat his breakfast, and then yep, you guessed it- the little turkey took off out the side gate again {whoops!} and was gone for another 8 hours!! By this point I was ready to beat him, and trying not to care if he ever came back {although deep down inside I was in full panic mode- I sure love that dumb dog}. He was finally rescued again, and is now under very close supervision}

1 comment:

Sharstin said...

oh girly!! happy belated! it sounds like you had a great birthday with your darling fam! and yay for a roadbike! you will love it--they are so fun:)