A good ol' farmer's market!! When we heard the local farmer's market had some of the best Filipino food around we were all over it! Nicholas served his mission over in the Philippines, and looks for any opportunity to enjoy some of the wonderful food he loved there. It is tricky to find! Before we could even get to Nic's food, we spotted the snow cones and just had to have one...

That's the way. Lots of syrup buddy...
Finally we made it to this little joint...
There it is... in all it's glory. Nic was very impressed, and was in heaven as he scarfed down his entire plate.
Me on the other hand could not resist my beloved asiago cheese bread. I get it every time! I think I had devoured at least half of the loaf before we even hit the road. Mmm... I could go for some right now.
Obviously there were loads of fresh produce. Rylie was loving it! Ironically, we ended up buying some fresh corn from a farm that is located right down the street from us. Hmm, I guess we could have saved ourselves a trip to the market, but it wouldn't have been near as much fun!
Parker's highlight of the day (besides the snow cone) was watching these bees hard at work. He thought it was about the coolest thing ever, and I don't disagree. Nothin' quite like fresh honey right off the comb either! We returned home with some fresh corn, bread, raspberries, full tummies, smiles on our faces, and a bar of organic handmade carrot spice soap (I am addicted to organic soap right now-it's our fav). Very fallish! I smelled it all the way home!!
1 comment:
Yum, that looks like a good farmers market. All of your posts look so fun. It looks like you guys have been doing lots of fun stuff. I have been so bad at blogging, I need to get caught up. I haven't talked to you all week. I'll call you tomorrow! Hope you guys are having a good week!
Post a Comment