Little boys would love to cook? Well, I guess bake. The other day the kids had a couple friends over and were running around being wild and crazy. They all came in and said they were getting hungry... hmmm... I thought. There staring at me were 3 VERY ripe bananas. Problem solved... let's make banana muffins!! I started whipping them up when all of a sudden, the boys were up on the counter surrounding the bowl, and wanting to help. I decided maybe this was not such a bad idea... maybe if I teach them to do it, one day they can make ME something to eat. Good plan, huh. The hardest part was they were a little impatient while waiting for the muffins to bake. Davis kept saying, "They smell good, that means they're going to taste good." I thought that was so cute. Well it turned out to be a lot of fun, and they especially loved eating them when they came out of the oven!
These banana muffins by the way are super easy, and super yummy!! Here is the recipe for anyone interested:Tracy's Banana Muffins
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup veggie oil
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream sugar and oil. Add eggs and mashed bananas and beat. Add flour, soda, and salt. Pour into greased or lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Makes 18 to 24 muffins. Also fun to make for kids in mini-muffin tins.
I like to make the little mini-sized muffins, and I only bake them about 15 minutes. Enjoy!!

2 comments:
How cute!!! We loved the muffins!! They were so good and Stockton just loved baking them with you. You are such a great mom!! Thanks for the recipe!!
Thanks for the recipe!! It is so funny because we just got home from out of town last night and we have 3 very ripe bananas!!!
Post a Comment