Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Kiddo Tag

It has taken me a while, but Rylie has been tagged. So here are 5 things you may not know about our Ry-bug:

1- She is the greatest little mommy. She loves playing with her dolls, and especially loves helping me take care of Parker. She loves to hold him, feed him, dress him, change his diaper (of course I help a little), and snuggle him. She talks to Parke in the sweetest little voice. I just love to see them interact. Parker really loves her. Her latest favorite is taking Parker for walks in the stroller. She says, "I hab a good idea...why don't we push Parker in the stroller."

2- She loves to try on clothes. She will change her outfit at least 3 or 4 times a day. Usually her selections do not match, and sometimes even include items borrowed from her two brothers (ya, she even tries on Parker's clothes). When we are just hanging out at home it doesn't bother me, and I enjoy seeing her creative juice's in action. It is when we have somewhere to go, and she wants to wear this... or even this...that I struggle. Rylie is also a very strong-willed little girl, so trying to talk her into a different wardrobe selection is pretty much out of the question. So if you see us somewhere and my daughter is dressed a little crazy...just know that yes, I lost the argument.

3- She absolutely loves to read books. After we read stories and say prayers, she will sit up at night and read her books by the light of her night light until she fall's asleep. Her favorite right now is 'Hop on Pop' by Dr. Seuss. She pretty much has it memorized now, so she can 'read' it to me. Her favorite part is when Pat is going to sit on the cactus and it reads, "No Pat No, don't sit on that!" She gets such a kick out of it. I love to see her laugh. 4- She loves food. Anytime me or Nic are eating something, she goes over to the silverware drawer, gets herself a fork, and comes to join in the eating. I don't think there is anyone I would rather share my food with. 5- She has the cutest little chip in her left front tooth. She slipped and fell in the bath tub when she was just little, and it left the cutest little chip.
I could go on and on...

Rylie is our angel girl. She loves to sing, play, talk in silly voices, help me set the table, color and cut paper, swing on the swing set, do everything her big brother does, snuggle her Mommy & Daddy, play with her cousins, unload the dishwasher, load clothes into the washer, tickle, and be tickled, be outside, play with Koda, negotiate, and wear bandaids. She is adventurous and opinionated. She is sweet and sassy. She is so special to us.


We love you Rylie more than you'll ever know!!

6 comments:

Bree said...

Sherice, she is so beautiful...and looks a lot like you. I can totally relate to the changing of clothes business. That happens at our house multiple times daily, and with two girls doing it...well you can imagine the headache. It is cute though, so oh well huh!

Mindi D said...

She is a cutie! I love the outfits, and yes, I understand! The boy clothes is what gets me though, why the heck would they want to wear boy clothes when theirs are MUCH cuter! Jerzi's thing is Koy's jammies, she picks out a new pair every night!! But at least we're going to bed and not to the store!! Ry in the prettiest little girl, i'm still super jealous of that hair!!

Jamie said...

I guess girls will be girls. Oakley is the same way with so many of the things you mentioned... especially the clothes and the babies! I know how you feel about trying to get them to change that outfit when we have somewhere to go, I deal with the same issue at my house!

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

Sherice I can't believe how dang cute your kids are. We need to get together it would be fun. You should come into Heather(Hitt)Oliver's new restaurant We are both working Fri. night the address is 335 East Gentile in Layton. Right next to Burger Stop. It would be fun to catch up. Misty

Perla said...

what a great post! i love how you could capture her so beautifully in such a short amount of space. this will be priceless for her in the future. she is such a beautiful girl!

Bonnie said...

She is just a cutie with those big beautiful eyes. She is at such a fun age too. Enjoy it!