Tuesday, October 28, 2008

4th pic in the 4th file

My cute friend Mindi just did this 4th picture in the 4th file gig, and it sparked my curiosity. I was wondering what I might find in that place, and low and behold...me and my Kade-man! Back when my hair was blonde, and my now 5 year old was only 8 months. Wasn't he a little doll. It makes me want to kiss his soft cheeks and gaze into those crystal blue eyes and wonder what he is thinking. Now days he can tell me everything that is on his mind, and that is fun too.

This picture was taken while on the road with Nic while he was playing basketball for Weber State. It was his senior year, and I didn't want to miss any of his last games. So me and Kade, and our parents, did some serious traveling. I think by the time Kaden was 10 months old he had been to Hawaii, California, Idaho, Washington, Arizona, and a layover in Oregon. Let me tell ya, hanging out in an airport with a baby and the entire team and coaching staff- I felt just a little out of place. But the guys were awesome, and even helped me keep old Kade-man entertained. Kade was my little side-kick back in those days. Nic traveled quite a bit, on top of practices and other obligations, so me and Kade spent alot of quality time together. Those were some good times, it is fun to look back and see how time has changed things. I will have to see if I can round up some old basketball pics of Nic. He will kill me, but he is one heck of a basketball player if I do say so myself.

Well that was fun. I think everyone who see's this should give it a go. Nothing like a blast from the past!

6 comments:

Mindi D said...

The best part of this picture is how YOUNG you look! That is so weird because I never thought we were that little when we had kids but you look like you do in our old high school pics! Funny! That is a fun little blog, we'll have to try it again one day, maybe the 5th pic in the 5th album?!?

Jenni said...

OK you are goo to have piles, mine are all on the computer yet to be developed!!! That is my new years resolution next year, it might take 1,000's of $$$ but Oh Well!!! Cute picture!! And how spoiled are you?

Miss Candace said...

Oh my goodness. Kade man! Oh he was such a sweetie and still is. I just wuv him so much. Those were the days when he was the only grand baby and we would all just smother him all day long. He was irresistable. Those blue eyes are lady killas. Watch out girls!

Jamie said...

The kids and I are were just going through the scrapbook albums just the other day and Oakley saw the WSU Basketball page from when she was a baby! I still can't believe I brought her to all of those games, but it was fun cheering Nic on! Good times!

Brandee & Julie said...

So cute! I love taking a walk down memory lane. You have inspired me. Now I'm excited to see what I will find.

Bonnie said...

How fun! Kade is darling! How the time flies!