Friday, October 7, 2011

Feelin' Squirrely~

With all of the wonderful produce popping up everywhere, I have been in the kitchen. Canning, dehydrating, baking, freezing, and storing everything in sight! So much work!~ but oh, so worth it. It all started with a trip to the farm, the kiddos and I spent an afternoon picking tomatoes. It was good times~ I wish I had pictures of how beautiful it was out there. We found some awesome peppers at the farmer's market, and I got to work on tomatoes and salsa.
As you can see, the house pretty much explodes when the canning begins:) I have a tendency to put my irons in way too many fires. Notice my bags of clothes from cleaning out kiddos closet's~ part of my fall cleaning. Doesn't it look clean?? Ha ha! It's the mess before the organization, always happens that way~ doesn't it?
Then came time for peaches~ can I tell you how much I heart fresh peaches. Words can not describe. I look forward to my bushel and a half every year:)
Look at this picture. Notice anything... unuuusual??
I had my jars sitting in warm water while they waited to be processed, and I looked back to see Parke just chillin' out. The boy is just plain awesome.
Aren't they pretty? And my favorite~ fresh peach pie.
And if you are going to make one, why not make a dozen? Poor Nic didn't even get a lick! His bad, he was out hunting wild beasts. Teasing. More like innocent deer, luckily he came home empty handed:) We might need just one more round of the peach pie...
Oh! This is so exciting~ my friend Meg and I are making our own extracts. Vanilla and peppermint. Aren't they pretty in their jars?
When Nic was off hunting, I tore into our storage room. What is it about fall that makes me feel the need to start hoarding food like a little squirrel? I cleaned, and organized that puppy! Then I headed to Home Depot, lugged that big daddy shelf home, and assembled it~ all.by.myself. I was feelin' pretty proud:) And I'm pretty sure my muscles are a little bit bigger, ha! Teasing:) Still have a ways to go on the storage, but it's a good start.
And just because it's friday~
Never a dull moment around our house with this guy around. Thank goodness his real Buzz Lightyear costume came, so he doesn't have to squeeze his cute cheeks into this teddy bear version anymore:) Can't believe Halloween is right around the corner.
Headed to Thriller tonight with the girls~ can't wait!
Happy Friday!
~xo

7 comments:

Brooke Cushman said...

Oh goodness, I love your family! That picture in the sink is so funny and adorable!

Also, I gave Zac my friend's number, be sure he calls her. :) I told her I wished I was a part of the Sparrow family. You are all the greatest.

Brooke said...

Sherice, you are amazing!! I don't know how you do it all! I've always wanted to learn how to can, maybe you could give me a lesson? And that picture of Park in the sink is awesome!! :)

Sharstin said...

Oh man I wish! So fun that you have all this canning done. You are awesome chick~ and the pies look delish.

moellendorf family said...

you go girl!!!!! good job that always feels so good, I wont lie I did the salsa mine tastes a bit funky, LOL, and I think if I put a shelf together by myself it would definatly fall apart when something was put on it, so good job, and Oh how I love my parker frett!!!

Adam and Brittany said...

WoW, you are superwoman! Looks so yummy and gorgeous!

Mindi D said...

O. my. Heck. I am sitting in my computer room, its close to midnight, and i'm laughing OUT LOUD at your son! The sink picture got me rolling THEN THE BUTT CRACK!! Holy cow. Too funny!!! I miss your face :( Lets do dinner SOON!!!

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin