Wednesday, February 16, 2011

V~Day and an Epiphany

Valentine's Day was lovely. It started, and ended with large amounts of sugar. Surprise, surprise? We normally start out with heart~shaped waffles and strawberry milk, but it was a busy school morning and I thought this might be a fun change...
Pink milk is a must! And chocolates for breakfast unfortunately, is kinda our style. (though I didn't intend for them to be eaten right away:)

Kaden was the first to wake up and find the goods. He was super excited to find his box of chocolates {he's been dropping hints for a couple weeks now}, and I still can't believe he can read his own card...
When that Daddy~one and the sis joined in, the party really got rollin'...
Parker didn't waste any time diggin' in to his chocolates...
Throughout the day we delivered valentine's to special neighbors and friends. And then, as if we hadn't had enough sugar...
in preparation...
For fondue night!
We were all so happy to have Mimi & Papa, and Gramy & Papa stop by to see us...
We were feelin' pretty loved...

Do you think Ry~bug was enjoying herself?
Me and my valentine. Sure do love this boy~ he is definitely my better half. He keeps me in line, and makes me the happiest girl in the whole world.
For some reason I was lovin' seeing these 5 strawberry milks lined up in the refrigerator. Just wondering if there need to be 6? That is my dilemma right now...
Last night we took our Laurels to the WSU Basketball game. I was feeling grumpy about it. The weather was terrible, and I was really dreading the drive. But in the end we had a great time, and made it back safe and sound. As we pulled into our neighborhood I was mesmerized by the way the snow had frosted each and every tree branch on our street, and with the soft light from the homes illuminating them it was absolutely breathtaking. It made me pause, and remember to notice the beauty around me, and be grateful. Because I truly have so much to be grateful for.
This morning I couldn't help but snap a picture of them...
And my attitude of gratitude has carried into today. I am thankful today that i have the family that I do, for the true joy and happiness they bring me, for our home that is a safe~haven, for good friends and extended family that are always there, that my children have full tummies, that they are growing and learning every day, and that I get to witness it all.
Funny the things that capture your attention, put things into perspective, and help you remember:

"Life is to be enjoyed, not endured."
~Gordon B. Hinckley

6 comments:

emily anderson said...

your valentines day looks like it was fantastic. serious!

thanks for stopping by my blog---i appreciate it :)

and p.s. i love that blue plate that the heart treats were on.
way cute.

Sharstin said...

looks like one delicious valentines! have a great weekend chick~

Amy said...

Yummy Valentines! That is what it should be, all things you love all day! And thanks for the great quote!

Amy said...

Oh and um, love the TP story, classic!!! And I am mad at the girl that didn't tell you, she is sure mean!

Miss Candace said...

Naughty, now I want a box of Krispy Kremes, and everything else. It looks like you guys had a great Valentines day! I love seeing pictures of my cute nephews and niece. I wouldn't mind one more 'strawberry milk' in the fam :) Now you have me thinking about treats. We need to go to Sweet Tooth Fairy asap!!

Toni said...

You're so cute, love the dilemma comment about should there be six :) looks like you can do six easily. And then you can hold my hand when I do it after...?