Saturday, January 17, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

Parker is officially 9 months old, and yes, he is still nothing short of precious. He is now crawling like you would not believe, and is loving his independence. On the other hand, Parker has become the biggest Mommas Boy, and is a permanent fixture to my left hip. So maybe not so independent. That's okay, I don't mind. I am really savoring this baby boy, because according to Nic he is the last baby boy. (But what about baby girl?) I'm still praying for that "Yes Sherice, you are done" feeling, but don't know if I will ever really feel that. I still tell Nic that our little Mia Kaitlyn is looking down from heaven wondering when it is her turn. Anyways, back to the subject. I have been waking up feeling very rested due to Parker's 12 hour stretches. Yep, you heard it. That boy goes to bed around 9:00, and doesn't show his sweet face again until around 9:00 the next morning. He has been exploring "big people food," and is really quite an eater. I don't think I ever mentioned this on the blog, but we really had some issues with Parker and some intolerance's to certain foods. The poor thing would absolutely reject certain formulas, baby foods, even rice cereal. There were times I felt like I didn't dare feed him anything for fear of seeing my baby boy throwing up to the point he was limp and weak. It seems now, with a little maturity, he has overcome this and is eating like a champ!! Which makes me feel much more relaxed as a mother. He has the coolest personality, and loves his family. He flashes you the cutest grin when you talk to him. His darling smile is still a gummy one. No teeth as of yet. He loves to snuggle, and will lay his head on my shoulder and just let me squeeze him for as long as I want. I don't know what I did to deserve this nicest baby, but I am sure thankful for his sweet spirit in our home. He is our 'nine-month-old' bundle of joy!!

13 comments:

D'N K said...

Sweet little boy. He is just a doll. I love my baby boy. I don't want him to get older and not want to be mama's boy. I'll let you know how four is. I'm a little scared. You've loved that name ever since I've known you. I love your name Mia! Happy 9 mo Parker

spenceandcass said...

Hey Sherice! Send me your email address and I will add you to my blog.
cblairyoung@hotmail.com

Bonnie said...

He is soooo adorable. I hope you do enjoy all those precious moments with him. They grow up way too fast.

Nicole said...

Parker is seriously one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen. I can't believe he is nine months old. It seems like he was just born. I sometimes complain about Justin being a Mommas boy, but really I would never change it either!

Bree said...

He is so precious! I can't believe how fast time flies either...especially when I look at my kids. I was telling my Mom the other day that I wish I could just put London in a ziplock bag and keep her the way she is right now-forever. She is so fun and funny right now--if 2 can be called fun?

The Gaston's said...

I know time just flies.. My baby will be 1 on Friday an dI am officially freakin out! I sweat that I was just pregnant with mine and you were pregnant with yours!! Wowsers it goes by fast!!

Tesha said...

such a cute photo!! he looks like a little doll :)

Jamie said...

What a cutie!! I'm glad he is eating better for you, that would sure be a tough one!

Mindi D said...

He is so sweet, is still think he looks just like Kaden. I'm glad he eats better, that's a relief!!

Kimmie Caldwell said...

WOW! Look how cute your kids are! Looks like everyone is doing good. Keep in touch :)

Miss Candace said...

Oh Parker Frett! He really is one of the sweetest babies I know. I just love him so much, just look at those eyes! Before you know it he'll be running everywhere. We really do just need to squeeze them all day long and cherish our little sweeties while they'll still let us!

Perla said...

he sure looks a lot like ry in that pic doesn't he? i think so, at least in photos since i've never even been able to see him in real life. one day i will.

my sister's 5yo cut her 18mo daughter's hair yesterday and i immediately remembered how kind you were when grace cut addie's hair and i was all crying about it and stuff because i was extra sensitive about hair issues at that time and how you just immediately met me at your salon and helped fix her right up. so i was just thinking about you and wanted you to know that i think you are awesome.

spenceandcass said...

Mmmmm chocolate.....I should have added that one to my list! I really don't know what I would do without it. Glad to see that you got my invite! Now maybe we will chat a little more often.