- Waking up to fresh Rosehill Dairy milk in our milk box.
- Missing my appointment with my visiting teachers while ironically driving back to work to get my "appointment" book to see what I had on the agenda today. Whoops!! Sorry Jenni and Becky. Thank you for loving me regardless of my shortcomings- you guys are the best!!
- Teaching the kids how to blow bubbles with "gubble bum" as Ry-bug calls it, with the gum balls my VT's left in my milk box. Haven't blown bubbles like that in years. Good times!! Again, thanks Jenni.- Being caught up on my laundry(never lasts longer than a few hours, but hey! I'll take it!).
- Discovering that there really is no price difference in having 'Your Valet' come pick up my dry-cleaning, and bring it back to me- than me driving it clear into Ogden all while towing 3 littles with me. You should have seen the smile on my face as I stuffed that huge green bag, and sent it on it's way. All while in the comfort of my own home, and Parker in the comfort of his own crib.
- Kicking a ball around the house with Rylie while Parker is perched upon my left hip (his favorite spot), and listening to all three of my kids laughing hysterically at the way it is bouncing off of walls, furniture, and faces. There were a couple of times I had to stop so Parker could catch his breath. So darling.
- Talking to my Mom on the phone numerous times today about everything, and nothing, all at the same time.
- Seeing that Smaller Scholar Registration form on my kitchen counter. Translation: Rylie gets to go to Miss Bonnie next year! We are ALL excited for her!!
- Listening to Kaden & Rylie play lego's, laugh, run, jump, and be silly together all day long.
- Watching Rylie out of the blue walk up to Kaden, grab him by the cheeks, give him a big old smooch on the lips, and say "Love you, Kade."
- Chatting with one of my best friends Erica about what she should wear on her date tomorrow night- as if I really have a clue what is in style.
- Having the opportunity to take a family in our neighborhood dinner & thinking of all the meals that have so graciously been brought to our family over the years. Yes, I remember them all.
- Waffles for dinner- complete with flax seed, berries, & fresh whipping cream, and Nic telling me, "You can't get waffles this good at a five star restaurant." Thanks honey. I sure love you.
- That last wipe-down of the kitchen counter, knowing the feeding frenzy can rest until breakfast the next morning. Love when the kitchen shuts down.
- Nursing Parker to sleep till he's comatose in my arms and then nuzzling into the crevice in his neck as I burp him. Oh... he smells so good.
- Watching the sense of accomplishment on your 5 year old's face as he sounds out letters, which make words, as he is learning to read. Wow, he is precious!
- Adult conversation with Nicholas, without interruption.
Enjoying the simple things, and doing so with a grateful heart.
11 comments:
You really did have a great day! YAAAY, for RyRy getting to go to Miss Bonnie, now your preschool quest is over! Those waffles look delectible, I may need to make those for dinner one of these nights too! I cannot believe Kaden is learning to read, tell him good job and give him a big hug from me until I can tell him myself. Oh, RyRy and her gum, did the 'wandering' piece come out of her hair? I hope so! Little Park is going to have so much fun with his fig frofer and fig sister! What are you guys doing for Super Bowl? You're probably going to Sparrows but if not give us a ring!
Sometimes I need to look more for the little things. Thank you for sharing yours. I too need to have a better attitude. I think it's something that comes with being a Mom. You really do have a sweet family. And you are one of the best Mom's I have ever met!
AMEN!!!! Seriously...reading those things made me feel guilty for all the small things that I take for granted. Thanks for shining some perspective on life.
Man, were so lucky we have such great lifes. Love you.
That is cute! It's good to stop and smell the roses, thanks for reminding me!!
Thanks for putting everything back into perspective... I needed that!
Sherice you are amazing! Miss you guys!
Sherice you are amazing! Miss you guys!
That waffle looks delicious. I think I remember you saying in an earlier post that on Christmas you had Cinnamon Syrup. Do you have the recipe. that sounds so good. Anyways, Scotland takes dance at Infinity Dance in West Haven....they are amazing. But all Scotland does is play with her TuTu. She takes gymnastics up at Elite Gymnastics by Ogden High kinda.
You are so funny, I am glad you ended up having a great day... I love ya!
That's a great post. I'm always telling Ty if the house is in chaos and the kids are screaming or making a mess, "you know, we're going to miss this someday!"
Post a Comment